Objective: Students will identify subject pronouns when given the English translation.
Students AT THE COMPETENCY LEVEL will be able to:
- match AR, ER and IR verbs with their meanings in English
AR, ER, IR VERB LISTENING ACTIVITY
- conjugate regular ER & IR verbs (YES, you need to memorize the endings!)
Game: Burrito Builder
AR verb conjugation game: Quia
- identify various emotions
- use the verb estar to express Position, Location, Action, Condition, and Emotion. (PLACE)
Quizlet link: Estar
- use the verb ser to express Description, Origin, Characteristics, Time, Occupation, and Relationship. (DOCTOR)
Quizlet link: Ser
- identify the Spanish speaking countries of Latin America
Central America & the Caribbean (intro)
- tell time to the hour, half hour, quarter hour, and minute
- identify numbers 0 to 100
- answer questions about school objects, tell what school subjects people like and tell what classes and school objects people have
Gustar (to like) practice
**REMEMBER: When using gustar with plural nouns, you must add an “n” to the end of gusta**
- ask and tell the days of the week.
Quizlet link: Days of the week
Objective: Students will use subject pronouns.
YOUR OBJECTIVES FOR THIS WEEK:
- To use the verb tener to express age and what people have
- To write a short personal ad describing yourself
- To understand and answer questions about a brief video on the Spanish Royal Family
YOUR ONLINE ASSIGNMENTS:
- Review TENER flashcards on Quizlet.
- Win $1,000,000 on Rags to Riches and SHOW YOUR PRIZE TO MRS. S!
- Watch the video below (about the Spanish Royal Family) and complete the CLOZE activity.
Objective: Students will greet others and introduce themselves.
Objective: Students will talk about what they and others like to do.
Objective: Students will identify family members.
Objective: Students will use the verb ser to describe relationships, possession, and where people are from.
Objective: Students will describe self and others using the correct form of an appropriate adjective.
Rags to Riches – Adjectives
□ Day of the Dead Essay
□ Quinceañera Essay
CONTENT FOR UNIT 1 PROFICIENCY ASSESSMENT
(NOTE: These resources work best in Mozilla Firefox.)
EL ALFABETO- VIDEO
HOW TO WRITE A DATE IN SPANISH
To write the date in Spanish, follow this pattern:
El + (number) + de + (month)
January 14th = El 14 de enero
VIDEOS FROM THIS SEMESTER:
Objective: Students will conjugate regular AR verbs in the present tense.
(WATCH THE ENTIRE VIDEO!!)
Objective: Students will conjugate ER verbs in the present tense.
Objective: Students will conjugate IR verbs in the present tense.
Objective: Students will identify the Spanish speaking countries in Latin America.
Online Map Practice 1 (in the “Countries” column, start at level L and work your way down)
Objective: Students will be able to identify and correctly spell numbers 0-12 in Spanish.
Other number sets:
Numbers 1-100 Video: